Saturday, June 6, 2009

get thee away from the computer

It is a beautiful day but I am feeding my addiction to the web. between facebook, lost blogs and ebay, a girl can stay online 24-7. Got sideswiped by a car yesterday, at the intersection 1/2 block away from my school. I've made this turn 204 days a year for 5 years, but it takes one driver deciding that left turn from the right lane is OK and I need a new bumper. Thank god for insurance. If only I did not stop to talk to my former student's mother, then perhaps no accident. but i should be grateful that noone was hurt and the damage is pretty minimal. maybe someone has jinxed me with their evil eye. i thought a lot about our discussion in the wed. class about 'the evil eye'. my mother is adamant about not discussion impending trips or medical procedures in fear of being jinxed. as a result sometimes i find out that my parents are going on a 6 weeks trip a day or two before they leave or that my dad was in a hospital for 2 days. also i was always jealous of my friends' parents who bragged about their children, my parents always played everything down, which made me feel unappreciated.

thanks to my bff (best friend forever) r. who is picking me up to see drag me to hell. i've been a fan of sam raimi since i saw evil dead in the 80's. and thus with a little help from my friends i break my internet addiction binge for today with no money spent on ebay, thank god.

3 comments:

  1. You'v had a hell of a week! First with the corrupt memory stick, and yesterday with the car accident caused by a stupid driver (soooooo many drivers in LA are so f***ing inconsiderate, thinking they own the roads all to themselves or something). You best be careful as bad things usually come in 3's and so far you've shared only 2 thus far (unless something else has happened?). Gone be the evil eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a week! Yes, as Rofucius said, you'd better be careful since bad things come in 3's.
    Regarding the not discussing plans, my grandma Lea, always said that the plans you make on the night of Shabbat never come true. I still follow this custom since it has proven to be true! Whenever I made plans (to travel, etc) on a Friday evening, then, my plans were jinxed. And the other thing, which I did not want to mention in class on Wed not to monopolize the discussion is to also invoke God: Si Dios quiere.... Hope this week is better! You are almost, practically done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what a day you have spent.. It was like seeing a short movie on your blog!

    ReplyDelete